The HF Web Page
The HF web page has four main areas:
- The main HappyFace status and history bar.
- The category navigation and category status bar.
- The module navigation bar for fast access to individual modules within one category.
- The main window for the module output display.
1. Main HF and History Bar
The main HF and history bar provides the following information and functionality (from left to right):
- The site logo.
- The current HF revision of the running instance.
- Three buttons:
- A link to the XML output of the current HF instance (could be used in further tools, e.g.: Firefox browser plugin)
- A lock symbol which indicates if secure access is enabled (black: standard access, yellow: secure access). More details can be found in the Access Control section below.
- A questionmark symbol pointing to the HF documentation wiki.
- The time/date of the displayed information. The most recent timestamps are marked white. If historic versions of the webpage are displayed, the color of this timestamp changes to red.
- Navigate through time. Jump back/forward the selected amount of time (hh:mm). In the default case: 15 minutes.
- Directly get the HF status of a specific point in time by entering the date and time and afterwards pressing the Goto button.
- Reset the whole webpage and get back to the default view.
2. Category Navigation Bar
The HappyFace navigation and category status bar looks different on different HF instances. It depends on the amount of configured categories by a site. In addition, the look and feel can vary depending on the used HF theme (see the Theme Support section below). Basically there are different category symbols representing the overall status of a category. These catefories can be either rated (a float value between 0 and 1 calculated from each categories modules, represented by a meaningful symbol e.g. an arrow, smilie, etc.) or only have informational character.
There are as well overlay symbols available:
They show if all modules in each category have run properly or if there was a problem during module execution (e.g. an input file could not be downloaded properly, input data was corrupted, etc.).
If the HF access control is enabled and single modules/categories are blocked for the users DN (or a restricted page is accessed without ssl turned on), the following overlay icon is shown:
3. Module Navigation Bar
The HF module navigation or fast navigation bar can be expanded or collapsed by clicking on the small arrow icon at the top of the bar. It allows quick access to all available modules within one category and presents an overview of each individual module status.
4. Main Module Content Window
Each module in HF displays its content in the HF module container. The look and feel of each container is similar and thus allows intuitive usage of the whole webpage. See below a screenshot of an example module container:
The module header displays the module status (a rating or information symbol), the module name, the timestamp of the displayed information and a link to show/hide further information about each module. Below the header, the module content is displayed. This content varies significatnly for most modules (an overview of available modules can be found here).
If one clicks on the Show module information link in the header, a detailed information box (see below) is displayed. The same information box is as well shown by clicking on the module status icon itself.
The information box contains the following sections:
- Information section
- Plotting section
The information section has the following values:
- Module File: Name of the Python HF module file.
- Module Type: Rated, plots, etc.
- Status Value: Current module status (float value between 0 and 1).
- Weight: each module can be weighted to have more/less impact on the overall category status calculation
- Definition: Gives a short summary of what a module does. Some modules provide used threshold values for the rating there as well.
- Source: Link to the source information which the module displays.
- Instructions: What to do if this module displays a warning or errors. Should be optimised/tuned for shifters and the individual HF site.
The plotting section provides an interface to create HF overview plots. It is possible to specify a time range or a specific time interval in which all information is considered. The Variable drop-down menu allows to plot history graphs for all variables stored in the HF database for each individual module.
It is possible to change the visualisation style of HF. Depending on the theme selected in the configuration file, HF displays different symbols for the module and category status information. All available themes are located as sub-directory in webpage/config/themes. The following themes are available:
Auto Update Mechanism
The HF webpage has an auto-update feature. If no specific point in time is selected via the history bar, the webpage is refreshed every 5 minutes.
Powerful Link Feature
HF has the possibility to provide permanent links to its content, perfectly suited to put on Wiki pages, send them in eMails or include them in further monitoring pages.. It is possible to obtain such links in one of the following ways:
- By clicking on the module name in each module header provides a permanent link to exactly the state of that one module at the specific point in time when the link was created. Thus the auto-update is disabled
- By double-clicking on the module icon in the fast navigation bar (not in the module header). This creates a link to the module without date of a specific point in time. In this case, the auto-update feature is not disabled and one always gets the newest information available.
- By double clicking on the category icon in the main navigation bar. This creates a link to the category without date of a specific point in time. In this case, the auto-update feature is not disabled and one always gets the newest information available.
Various Subtable Features
- hf_ui_overview.jpg (156.5 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_main_bar.jpg (14.4 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_nav_bar.jpg (19.2 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_overlay_ok.png (19.8 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_overlay_warn.png (17.8 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_overlay_lock.png (16.1 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_fast_nav_collapse.jpg (4.6 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_fast_nav_expand.jpg (27.5 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_module.jpg (43.7 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_module_info.jpg (46.9 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
- hf_themes.jpg (31.7 KB) - added by scheurer 6 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip